We are not currently hiring for this posiiton, but are always accepting applications for future opportunities.
If you are interested in future employment, please feel free to submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Salary Range: 60,000.00 to 100,000.00 / Annual
Willing to Travel
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
We are a general contracting/construction management firm based out of Ohio. Most of our work is done in Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio. We have several opportunities for well-qualified, experienced superintendents to join our team.
Name/Information on firm to be provided when first interview is scheduled.
The Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the project(s) assigned in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. The Superintendent directly supervises field labor force, including subcontractors and laborers/craft workers. This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills. This position must have a basic understanding of all of the trades associated with heavy highway construction projects.
• Manage day-to-day field operations of construction projects in heavy highway related field
• Must have a proven record of managing complex projects
• Manage subcontractors effectively/efficiently
• Manage in-house employees – foreman, operators, laborers, etc.
• Be capable of complex problem solving and strategizing
• Professional interaction with clients, inspectors, engineers, including DOT personnel
• Daily interaction with Project Foremen, Project Managers, Assistant Project Manager, Project Engineers, etc.
• Management of schedule, including weekly preparation of 2-week look ahead
• Coordination between trades
• Verification of compliance with submittals
• Daily focus on job site safety
• Maintenance of daily log
• Maintain job site security/perimeter
• Manage close out process and warranty responses with project manager
• Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts
• Be capable of field layout/survey - including use of standard survey equipment
• Monitor costs, including labor time and material
• Understand and manage proper utilization of equipment and machinery
• Measure and track daily quantities
• Attend and participate in company meetings, including project and subcontractor meetings
A truck and fuel are provided for company use.
Simple IRA matching available when eligible.
Our project locations vary. You may be required to be out-of-town during the week and home on the weekends. Out-of-town accomodations will be provided.