We are currently seeking a Bucket Operator to join our American Lighting and Signalization, Inc. team in the Street Light Construction and Maintenance Department.
- Performs work from aerial devices and ladders to install and maintain streetlights and related equipment, also is able to climb wooden poles to perform these duties
- Assists with work from the ground
- Employee will be exposed to hot and cold environments, poisonous plants or reptiles, and stinging insects.
- Working hours is typically a 10 hour day.
- Clears work area and maintains safe jobsite conditions.
- Excavates to assist in the installation of structures or cable as required by contract specification.
- Will have contact with public and private property owners to communicate work to be performed.
- Participates in company training of all regional safety guidelines and is required to perform all work by the regional safety policies.
- Assists with assembling material on the ground.
- Exposed to traffic and may be required to have training on traffic flagging
- Operates various tools for the work (manual digging devices, wrenches, hammers, come-alongs, jack hammer and hand-line etc.).
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works near energized parts or equipment.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, jackhammers, chain saws and other equipment with proper hearing protection.
- Must use meters and other testing devices on secondary voltages up to 600 Volts.
- All other duties as required or requested by Supervisors.
- The attendance requirements are 40 hours per week.
- Night shift schedule: Monday-Thursday 10 hour days - 8:00pm - 6:30am or 4:30pm – 2:00am; Monday-Friday 8 hour days 10:00pm-6:30am, 4:30pm – 12:00am; or Tuesday-Friday 10 hour days- 8:00pm - 6:30am or 4:30pm – 2:00am
- Must be able to safely enter and exit the aerial device and rear-end of the bucket and derrick trucks
- Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods of time.
- Must have no fear of heights and must be able to work efficiently and effectively while working at heights.
- Must be able to meet and maintain weight restrictions for bucket truck as identified by truck manufacturer.
- Must be able to follow directions, work safely & productively
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight (8) or ten (10) hour day according to the schedule.
- Must be able to work long hours and overtime during holidays, emergencies, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Current CDL preferred or willingness to receive valid CDL within 90 days of employment
- Must pass a background check and pass a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical in order to obtain a DOT medical card.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as required by company policy.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a hard hat, work gloves, eye protection, and FR clothing at a minimum when working on the ground.
- In addition to PPE worn while working on the ground, must were PPE such as rubber gloves, leather protectors, and sleeves (when needed) from cradle to cradle while working in the bucket truck.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 80 pounds on an occasional basis, and up to 10 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
|Stooping||X||Range of Motion||X|
|Kneeling||X||Hearing - Speech Range||X|
|Body Twisting||X||Color Vision||X|
|Sense of Touch||X||Carrying||X|
|Seeing Distant||X||Climbing Ladders||X|
|Climbing On/Off Truck||X||Climbing Stairs||X|
|Gripping||X||Lifting up to 10 lbs||X|
|Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs||X||Lifting up to 50 lbs||X|
|Rarely = less than 10%|
|Occasionally = up to 33%|
|Frequently = up to 66%|
|Continously = 67% to 100%|
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: